Friday, November 22, 2013

Thankful :)

The focus this week in the therapy room at the ECC has been on Thanksgiving.  I think we sometimes forget how lucky we are and to take time to be thankful.  This past week has reminded all of us to take that time and be thankful for the people we love and the things that we have.  I'm so thankful for all of my friends at the ECC and that they are safe and healthy following the tornado last weekend.

Here are some of the fun activities we have been working on this week:


In kindergarten, we made a giant turkey and used the feathers as a way to describe the things that we know about turkeys.


In preschool, we added feathers to our turkeys based on categories such as food, animals, and people.


This activity was used to work on articulation skills.  We added our target sound feathers to the turkeys and then came up with our own words to add.


In the preschool language group, we learned all about the different kinds of food that we can eat at Thanksgiving and used the pictures to make our own Thanksgiving dinner.


With my older students we worked on some writing and describing.  I love hearing what the kids are all thankful for.  They put a smile on my face everyday!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday, we will see you in December!


No comments:

Post a Comment