Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Thankful

With Thanksgiving just around the corner, the therapy rooms at CCES and CCIS have been filled with all things Thanksgiving.  This week we have several Thanskgiving themed activities to play targeting skills such as answering questions, following directions, describing by attributes, and practicing our good speech sounds such as /r/ and /th/.   Last week most of my students took time to write down three things they are thankful for, and in light of the recent events within our school district recognizing all the things we have to be thankful for takes on a whole new meaning this year.

Here are a few of the things my students mentioned that they are thankful for this year:

"I am thankful for my XBox because I like to play video games."

"I am thankful for Mrs. Ludes because she helps us read."

"I am thankful for days off school because it gives us the freedom to do activities like riding bikes and playing outside."

"I am thankful for Mr. Spencer because he does cool things like Minute to Win It."

"I am thankful for my house because it keeps me warm and safe."

"I am thankful for my family because they protect me."

"I am thankful for food because it helps me be healthy."

"I am thankful for my dog and cat because they love me."


I know I am speaking for all of us at Tales from the Therapy Room when I say that I am thankful for my students, their families, the first responders, and the amazing support, love, and generosity shown by the members of this entire community in so many ways.

Happy Thanskgiving to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment